More Faery Facts and Lore!
- FAERY TALES: Though this has come to mean folklore stories like the Brothers Grim and Hans Christian Anderson's, some people use the therm to mean something that is not quite true. Faeries usually told these to protect themselves.
- FAERY RINGS: Dark circles found in grass that may be evidence that faeries were recently dancing joyfully.
- FAERY WIND: Sudden bursts of wind, even windstorms could be brought about by some faeries with the power.
- FAERY FOG: Many types of faeries can cause a fog to appear at any time of day or night.
- FAERY DOCTORS / FAERY HEALERS: A name given to those humans who have special gifts of knowledge, sight, intuition, and abilities. They are chosen by some gifts of birth and further endowed by Faeries. Usually women, but there are some males as well. Some say they usually follow rather conservative foods: mainly vegetables, bread and fruits.
- FAERY SHOT, FAERY STROKE: When a human suddenly suffered a sudden illness it was often blamed on ill-tempered faeries or other magical creatures.
- FAERY TREASURE: Can be precious metals, gems or magical items, Faeries have had to hide and guard their valuable possessions from people - though to deserving humans they can be generous.
- FAERY HAIR: The most finely spun pure gold are threadlike forms of the precious metal.
- FAERY ANIMALS: Faeries can sometimes appear as many types of animals. They do have pets such as dogs and horses... but never cats!
- FAERY WINGS: Though people reported seeing them, and feries seem to have the ability to fly or float, it is probably their emanations (aura) that was being observed.
- FAERY GLAMOUR: The image that a faery might project outwardly to be seen in another form than they are by nature.
- FAERY FOOD: In general most love bread, milk, cheese, butter and vegetables among many other foods. They often just absorb the nutrients from these items. They reward those who leave them such presents for it also helps nature by feeding the animals.
- FAERY BLOOD: Most people have some percentage of faery heritage in their ancestry... though it is generally small nowadays. Occasionally, like some traits, it matches up and comes through. People used to have a high percentage and because of this were more easily able to go into Faeryland in earlier times while having human form.
- FAERY MOUND: This can be a hill that looks otherwise quite normal where they dwell. Faeries also have set up kingdoms inside mountains.
- FAERYLAND / THE FAERY REALM: also known as 'The Otherworld', some think this may be another dimension of time and space. Time is not the same measure as it is in the human world. Some call this 'Faery Time'. Not all faeries live in these realms, but live in trees, fields, forests and even human houses!
- Throwing salt, or displaying symbols is not effective in chasing Faeries - but is essentially an insult to the wee folk and holds no special power over them..
- Faery Folk do not like iron and many just don't like bells.
Over the last few centuries most Faeries have remained in 'The Otherwold', though there are many for various reasons who have chosen to stay discretely with us, and have relocated to other lands and continents as well.
Faery's Kiss Home Page